Potato Pirates Educator Bundle
Pickup currently unavailable
This Potato Pirates bundle is the easiest and most engaging way for you to introduce computational thinking concepts and fundamentals of Python programming within your school or organization.
This educator bundle includes:
- 5 x Potato Pirates Coding Card Game
- 1 x Potato Pirates Python 12 Hour Curriculum
Potato Pirates is an award-winning card game that introduces fundamental computational thinking concepts in a gamified and fun way. It is one of the best gifts you can buy for kids who like smart games and a challenge. It is designed for:
- 3-6 players
- Ages 7+
- 20-40mins per game
- Hilariously fun - Master the art of Potato War! Battle other players to eliminate their Potato Crews and seize their Potato King Cards. Acquire all seven Potato King Cards OR be the last player sailing and you win!
- Clear instructions – Easy to learn with a clear, high-quality instruction manual. You can start playing immediately!
- Develops critical skills – Potato Pirates teaches key programming concepts in an engaging and easy to understand way.
- Forbes 10 Best STEM Gifts: "It’s a unicorn: a computational thinking game that’s unplugged and inexpensive. It won this year’s #1 ranking!"
Wall Street Journal - How You Can Raise Robot-Proof Children
- USA Today - 10 amazing toys that can teach your kids how to code
Winner of Core77 Design Award, Japan Good Design Award & Singapore Good Design Award.
What you get:
- 24 Control Cards
- 22 Surprise Cards
- 7 Potato King Cards
- 1 Instruction Booklet
- 84 Potato Crew with Storage Bag (14 Big Puff Balls & 70 Small Puff Balls)
- 16 Ship Cards
- 32 Action Cards
- 12-hour digital python curriculum pack
The curriculum pack
Are you a parent or CS/STEM educator who wants to introduce coding in a social and gamified way to your students? This 6-part curriculum is the perfect first step for any student with no prior background in coding to learn the fundamentals of computational thinking.
They will also engage in hands-on coding activities by learning Python, a popular programming language that is used in a variety of applications such as data analytics and artificial intelligence.
This 6-part curriculum consists of:
- Introduction - Learn Coding Through Play (Potato Pirates Card Game)
- Chapter 1 - Variables
- Chapter 2 - Lists and For Loops
- Chapter 3 - While Loops & Conditionals
- Chapter 4 - If-Else Conditional Statements
- Chapter 5 - Functions
- Annex - Coding Challenge Cards & Solutions
Each chapter comes with a lesson presentation slide deck and a brief set of accompanying teacher's notes.
Suitable for both adults and children (ages 9 and up).